The WANP is proud to present our TOWN HALL Webinar Meeting covering information related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
This is a free webinar open to all healthcare professionals in Washington State. Please share this information, so that others in the healthcare community can also benefit from this information.
Representatives from the Governor's Office, DOH, Board of Naturopathy and other key players will be speaking on the current pandemic and how we as naturopaths can best be utilized at this time. There will also be a Q&A session to follow.
Telemedicine and COVID-19: How to Bill and Code for Your Practice.
Get updated telemedicine billing information to keep your practice running during the current situation of COVID-19.
Time: Recorded Replay Available on
Date: March 20, 2020
Nancy M Enos, FACMPE, CPMA, CPC-I, CEMC iis an independent consultant with the MGMA Health Care Consulting Group and a principal of Enos Medical Coding. Mrs. Enos has 40 years of experience in the practice management field. Nancy was a practice manager for 18 years before she joined LighthouseMD in 1995 as the Director of Physician Services and Compliance Officer. In July 2008 Nancy established an independent consulting practice, Nancy Enos Medical Coding (www.nancyenoscoding.com)
As an Approved PMCC and ICD-10 Instructor by the American Academy of Professional Coders, Nancy provides coding certification courses, outsourced coding services, chart auditing, coding training and consultative services and seminars in CPT and ICD-9and ICD-10 Coding, Evaluation and Management coding and documentation, and Compliance Planning. Nancy frequently speaks on coding, compliance and reimbursement issues to audiences including National, State and Sectional MGMA conferences, and at hospitals in the provider community specializing in primary care and surgical specialties.
Nancy is a Fellow of the American College of Medical Practice Executives. She serves as a College Forum Representative for the American College of Medical Practice Executives.
- Telemedicine coding guidelines and resources for your business
- Avoiding charting pitfalls
- Increasing revenue for work you're already doing with Preventive Medicine codes
- Guidelines for billing group visits
- Understanding new language signed by President Trump for removing "geographic, site and telephone restrictions" for telemedicine due to Covid-19.
- Understanding conditions that will support medical necessity
- Understanding Documentation Guidelines and key components of E/M Services
- History, Exam, Medical Decision Making
- Time-based E/M Services
- Clinical example- documenting a billable visit
- Understanding coding guidelines and identify risk areas for E/M services with:
- Patient Status
- Billing for Time Spent Counseling
- Obesity Counseling
- E/M Modifiers
- Understanding “Incident to” billing rules for mid-level providers
- When is a Lifestyle Medicine visit billable to insurance?
Disclosure: Enos Medical Coding does not provide legal advice. The information in this presentation is based on the coding guidelines in the Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) Manual published by the American Medical Association (AMA) and Evaluation and Management Coding Guidelines from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS).
The WANP and AANP have partnered together to show support for all of our doctors in this challenging time. Both organizations were in agreement that due to the current changes facing the way we practice, we wanted to share this information with as many doctors as possible. Our organizations came together through this mission to provide this information free of charge to all doctors regardless of membership. We are here to support you.