ICD-10 Basics – 4 hours. No CEUs.
Although Congress has deferred formal implementation of the new ICD-10 coding system to the Fall of 2015, you’ll still want to be ready. In addition to new codes there are also new charting requirements that will be mandatory for insurers, and particularly important if you want to get maximum reimbursement for your billed services.
The presenter for this program is WANP President, Dr. Mona Fahoum. Dr. Mona has extensive practical and teaching experience with billing and coding and has completed certification in the new ICD-10 system. She’s designing this program specifically for naturopathic practices, so this is a unique opportunity you won’t find elsewhere.
Part I –
- Introduction to ICD-10-CM: History, implementation, practice ramifications, preparation
- Structure of ICD-10-CM codes and layout of the reference book
- General Coding guidelines/rules, including a comparison to the current ICD-9 system
- General documentation guidelines and concepts, including case examples
- References: Software and printed texts
Part II –
- Chapter by chapter documentation guidelines (21 chapters)
- Review of ‘Z-codes’ that replace current V-codes
- Case examples based on most commonly utilized codes in ND practice
- Includes a ‘cheat sheet’ of the top utilized codes in ND practice
When we receive your registration and payment, we will email you copies of the handouts that accompanied each program.
If you have any questions, please contact the WANP office at email@example.com or 206-547-2130.
Fee: State association members $125; non-members $175