*Events listed are provided as a service to our members and should not be interpreted as an endorsement or recommendation by the WANP for any specific subject or content.
- This event has passed.
Innovative Pain Management Symposium: Leading Edge Naturopathic and Functional Medicine Approaches
May 5, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Course Date: Sunday May 5, 2019
Time: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Location: Bastyr Kenmore Campus
Eligible for 7.5 CEUs
This continuing education one day course is about Chronic Pain, especially in the Nervous and Musculoskeletal system. It will thoroughly teach the clinician how to evaluate and treat sensitization and pain in the peripheral receptors, the spinal cord and the brain. It will also cover the most important factors that must be considered in any patient with chronic pain. It will introduce and thoroughly work with the system of the tissues causing the pain, the issues with the tissues and the state of the pain processing system.
1. Identify the patterns of local and referred pain from muscle, tendon, bone, periosteum, fascia, joint
capsule, ligament, nerve and plexus
2. Learn how to describe to a patient what chronic pain is and what is going on in their nervous system so as to gain compliance
3. Learn how to access and make decisions on whether a patient needs surgery for Labral and meniscus injuries
4. Recognize missed diagnoses in the foot, ankle, knee, hip, low back, neck, shoulder, elbow and hand and how to treat them
5. Learn to assess and treat scars to determine if they will shift muscle recruitment and pain
6. Learn which supplements and homeopathics may be most effective for pain, OA and to decrease sensitization
7. Learn what topical medications may decrease pain
8. Learn Tapping and mind body techniques to quickly shift pain
9. Determine which modalities may be most effective in pain management