June 2016: Association Updates
WANP Annual Election: Now!
The annual election of directors for the WANP’s governing board is underway. Candidate profiles and e-ballots were sent to all professional members on June 17 and must be returned to the WANP by 5 pm on Monday, July 11, 2016. If you are a current member and did not receive the profiles or ballot, or if you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the WANP office at 206-547-2130.
WANP-PAC Fundraising Success
Since beginning our campaign in November 2015 and then again in May 2016, we reached our goal of $10,000. These funds will allow us to make contributions to State legislators who support naturopathic medicine. Many thanks to all the following contributors:
- 2016 Steve Speidel; Virender Sodhi; Suzanne Sykurski; Chad Aschtgen; Owen and Marsha Miller; Jennifer Ash; Andrew Max; Traci Taggart; Sage Wheeler; Rachelle Herdman; Tim & Preeta Kuhlman; Jena Peterson; Kate Kass; Amira Ahdut; Karen Ball; Lori Brown; Sooyung Chun; Kevin Conroy; Chris Cotner; Meredith Distante; Janelle Doolittle; Alethea Fleming; Jill Fresonke; Christine James; Kathleen Janel; Andrew Juechter; Maegan Knutson; Kelsey Klausmeyer; Melissa Kohler; Bobbi Lutack; Traci McDaniel; Serena McKenzie; Eleonora Naydis; David Ramaley; Heidi Robel; Sean Sapunar; Elizabeth Trautman; Marco Vespignani; Joe Wessels; Barry Wheeler; Laura Flanagan; Marnie Frisch; Nadene Neale; Connor Watters
- 2015 Jennifer Ash; Amanda Brimhall; Kasra Pournadeali; Bobbi Lutack; Jennifer Schiavone-Ruthensteiner; Virender Sodhi; Suzanne Adams; Amira Ahdut; Jodi Berg; Leyardia Black; Lori Brown; Sarah Chappelle; Chris Cotner; Linda Dagenais; Beth Falanga; Laura Flanagan; Adam Geiger; Kathleen Janel; Michael Kaufman; Mikhail Kisselev; Robert Martinez; Eleonora Naydis; Nadene Neale; Ruth Urand; Ara Walline; Joe Wessels; Sage Wheeler; Melanie Whittaker; Deborah Callender; Lyndon Capon; Joshua Goldenberg; Christine James; Eva & Chris Kozura; Kellie Lawler; Nicole Maxwell; Les Witherspoon; Diane Moan
Our Annual Conference: “Staying Current in Primary Care”
This year’s conference will be held October 1 – 2, 2016 at the Shoreline Conference Center just north of Seattle.
Speakers and topics include:
- Laurie Mischley, ND – Nutritional Strategies for Neuroprotection: Can Parkinson’s & Alzheimer’s Be Slowed?
- Catherine Darley, ND – Treating Sleep Complaints Naturally: Supporting Health
- Seth Enos, ND – Emergency Medicine for Primary Care – Planning and Considerations
- Kelsey Klausmeyer, ND – Clinical Management of Obese and Overweight Patients
- Mona Fahoum, ND – Sexually Transmitted Disease Update
- Paul Reilly, ND, LAc, FABNO – Updates on Integrative Oncology and Highlights of 2016 ONCANP Conference
- Alethea Fleming, ND – Updates in Geriatric Primary Care; and, Polypharmacy in Geriatrics
- Kris Somol, ND – Updates in Women’s Health Topics: PAPs, Management of Cervical Dysplasia, and Breast Cancer Screening; and, Updates on Topics in Adolescent Health
- Joshua Goldenberg, ND – Research on Naturopathic Approaches to IBS
- Eric Yarnell, ND – Botanical Medicine Update
Register early for best pricing! Click here.